Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dipping My Toe in the Water

I've never been very good at keeping a journal (much less an online blog) but I am looking for an outlet to help me stay honest and somewhere I can document my weight loss journey.  I have been inspired by numerous bloggers out there as they post their trials and tribulations pursuing a healthier life and lifestyle: Phoenix Revolution, Adventures of Gastric Girl and The Sweet Spot to name a few. You guys rock! and are - in large part - responsible for the birth of this blog.

I am currently in the process of getting approval for a gastric band and am hoping to be banded in October. Like many people, I have spent most of my adult life watching my weight go up and down - losing 30, gaining 40 and on and on (I'll touch more on my history in a later post).  After a significant amount of research I have decided that the lap band is a tool that can help me reach my goal and maintain my weight for the long term.  This blog will document my journey into bandhood.

No comments: