7 (obscure) Things About ME!
- I am a Libra and I was born in the Year of the Dragon. This makes me very strong willed but I am also very even keeled. I like peaceful. I'm a lover, not a fighter.
- I got kicked out of my house when I was 16 and have been supporting myself ever since. I put myself through college and have a relatively successful career now. Not the ideal way to get started in life, but it sure makes one grow up fast.
- I can pour hot tea into a parfait glass perched on my forehead, foot and behind my back. A little trick I had to learn (quickly) when I waited tables at a Morracan restaurant.
- I appeared on a couple of episodes of Work in Progress - a show that used to be on HGTV. I LOVE doing home improvement projects.
- I'm a giver. I like to give gifts randomly (picking up things when I see something that reminds me of someone.) I like to help friends with their home improvement or organization projects (told you I like DIY projects!). I think this trait goes way back. My mother says that when I was about 4 or 5 she was talking to a friend of hers who told her that she was so broke she didn't have 2 nickels to rub together. Overhearing this, I promptly went upstairs and retrieved my piggy bank which I presented to her. Even back then I would give you everything I had if I thought you really needed it.
- I'm a TV-aholic. I love reality shows - mostly competitions like Top Chef, Project Runway, Amazing Race. I also love HGTV, Food Network, cable series like Dexter, The Big C, True Blood, Sex and the City (I know it's not on anymore but I still loved it) and The Big Bang Theory. I TOLD you I was an addict. It's lucky I work in the satellite industry I guess.
- I really, really, really want to travel the world. Someday when I have time and money I want to go to India, Africa, the Seychelles, Costa Rica, Cinque Terra (in Italy), Brazil and pretty much everywhere else. If I could find someone to do The Amazing Race with me (that I wouldn't want to kill or vice versa) I could get a whole bunch of traveling in.
15 bloggers I love or have recently discovered:
(this is gonna be hard because I follow over 130 of you guys and I love you all!)
- Well, I have to say, I just recently discovered Dawnya and even though she nominated me, I have to nominate her right back.
- Same goes for Christine. She is the first blogger whose entire blog I read beginning to end. She is always full of great suggestions and, because of her, I am completely paranoid the my port will protrude eventually ;-)
- Catherine is wonderful and living the big city life I always wished I had had the guts to go for.
- Amy W. kills me. Have to admit I have a little girl crush on her.
- Gen - my Colorado neighbor who shares the same doctor and whose experiences have taught me to only go to the wonder PA, Dawn, the port whisperer. One of these days we will finally meet in person!
- Read - whose MIL stories slay me. OMG, she and my MIL belong together.
- Tina who sent me a wonderful, cushy bike seat
- Sherry whose writing style is so wonderful. I just wish she posted more frequently.
- Maybe this Time - who is practically my band twin
- BG at The Sweet Spot - So inspirational. Can't wait til her book is published and I get to read it.
- Mimi at The Big Fat Bet - just found her yesterday and love her already
- Robin - another Colorado blogger. I haven't met you but I am so impressed with your success!
- Cindylew - Where are you girl?
- The other Amy. Again, you haven't been around that much lately but I love it when you show up.
- Dinnerland - always so supportive.
I could go on and on. If I didn't list you I swear it is only because I ran out of room and because I need to wrap this up. Now I have to inform everyone I nominated. Yikes. So much to do, so little time (while at work).
Thanks again to Christine and Dawnya. I truly appreciate the sentiment. I am not the most prolific blogger but I am trying. This is going to be a long journey and I need all the support I can get from my (mostly sisters) in bandedness.